Our complaints process
Our complaint process has been developed in line with Australian and New Zealand standard guidelines for complaint management in organisations, and recommendations from publications by the National Wind Farm Commissioner.
The process involves these key steps:
Receive & Register
Record & Register
Step 1: Receive & Register
If you wish to complain about Goyder Renewables Zone, you can complain in person, over the phone, by email, or via our contact form.
When we receive the complaint, we record all of these (if they apply):
- Your name and address
- A unique reference number for the complaint, which we will give you
- A reference number for the turbine or monitoring mast
- Your concerns, including the date, time, conditions and a description of your complaint
We enter these into our project customer relationship management (CRM) database.
You can lodge an anonymous compliant. We will still record it, as it provides valuable feedback to help us improve.
Step 2: Acknowledge
Our project manager will call or email you within 24 hours to acknowledge that we’ve received your complaint. If we write to you, we keep a copy and date of the correspondence on file.
When we acknowledge your complaint, we will:
- provide a summary of your complaint
- say how we may investigate it
- say how long it may take us to respond
This also gives us an opportunity to clarify any issues, or ask for more information.
If we can easily resolve the complaint, we may respond immediately.
Step 3: Investigate
We investigate every complaint, and make all reasonable attempts to resolve it. The project manager may do this, or ask one of our staff to do it.
We keep accurate records of the investigation including meetings, discussions and activities.
When we investigate, we may:
- visit the site, especially if your complaint relates to property damage
- consult with our staff and contractors, including senior management
- get relevant data and evidence (such as for a dust or noise complaint)
- contact other stakeholders
Step 4: Respond
After we investigate, we will contact you with our results. This includes what we have found, and what we may do to resolve it.
You can decide if you believe our resolution is acceptable.
Step 5: Close
If you accept our resolution, we will close the complaint and record the outcome in the CRM. We will also write to you to say that you have accepted the resolution, and we have closed the complaint.
If you do not accept our resolution, you have the right to contact other bodies, such as:
- Greater Hume Shire
- National Wind Farm Commissioner
- a lawyer
We will give you the contact details for other bodies if you require them.
Step 6: Record and register
When we close a complaint, we will update the CRM with these details:
- The process we took to investigate and resolve the complaint
- Whether or not your complaint was resolved